Are you Belgium’s Cyber Security Personality of the Year?
Apply now and seize this opportunity
to showcase your achievements
Created to honour excellence, innovation and leadership
in cyber security in Belgium
The Cyber Personality of the Year 2022 will get:
Showcase your unique talents and your contributions to the cyber security industry
Applying is a great opportunity for both you and your organization. Gain recognition for excellence in cyber security and showcase your unique contributions to this cutting-edge industry.
Have you made a contribution in at least one of the following areas:
Last year's winner, Rosanna Kurrer encourages you to apply
What is Belgium's Cyber Personality of the Year Award?
The award recognizes and celebrates the achievements and amazing endeavours of Belgium-based cyber security experts and enthusiasts working to improve the country’s cyber security posture. The award is organized by the Belgian Cyber Security Coalition.
Who can apply?
- The application process is open to all cyber security enthusiasts and professionals.
- Individuals can be from the public, private or academic sectors and must be based in Belgium.
- Individuals must have contributed to the country’s information security industry, shown tremendous professional growth and achievement, and promoted strong and innovative security practices in the last 12 months.
Can I suggest a candidate?
Yes, you can suggest a candidate for Cyber Personality of the Year. However, due to the nature of the selection process, entry is by application only. Your nominee will still have to complete the application form.
Who is on the jury?
The assessment process is independent and open. All jurors have been chosen for their varied backgrounds and achievements within the industry. The jury is multidisciplinary (CISO, CIO, academic, public, private, etc.) and discussion among jurors is crucial to maintaining a fair process. The open nature of the selection shall ensure integrity of the awards, with the winner being chosen on merit only.
How is the award decided?
Each cyber security professional will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Contribution to cyber resilience of the Belgian economy
- Contribution to awareness of the public
- Contribution to the skills and diversity gap
- Contribution to academia and research
- Achievements in current professional role as cyber security professional
The applicant should demonstrate outstanding achievements in one, at most two of these areas.
Where will the event take place?
The award ceremony will be held on October 7, 2022 in the Brussels-based offices of the VBO-FEB. It will also be livestreamed.
Who organizes this award and why?
This award is organized by the Belgian Cyber Security Coalition and supported by NVISO. The goal is twofold. Firstly, to highlight the importance of the professionals driving cyber security. Secondly, to showcase role models and inspirational achievements.
What are the terms and conditions?
Please, refer to our terms and conditions page.